A beautiful pudding. As delicious as it is gorgeous.
500ml of red wine; or 1cup wine and 1cup water
200g brown sugar
2 cinnamon sticks
3 whole cloves
3 whole star anise
1 orange zested
1 lemon zested
10 firm but ripe tamarillos
- Put everything except the fruit into a wide pot and gently bring to the boil.
- Take off the heat and cover to infuse the flavours while you prepare the tamarillos.
- Pour boiling water over the tamarillos and leave them a few minutes. This makes them easy to peel. Nick the skins and slip them off, leaving the fruit whole.
- Strain the spices out of the sauce.
- Submerge the fruits in the mulled wine and simmer until tender, about 15minutes.
- Serve with a white creamy something.